Sports round-up

Posted on Monday, 6th November 2017 in Match Reports

U13A hockey v The Leys

We started excellently  with Tilly passing to Tashy who made an amazing run into the D and had a shot at goal but hit one of their players feet and gave us a short corner.  This resulted in Maria scoring a cracking goal.  This boosted our confidence which meant that Tashy was able to score an outstanding goal which was shortly followed by another.  Tilly then managed to slip the ball past the goalie into the back of the net.  Shortly after this, just before the whistle blew, Maria managed to sneak in another goal. Thanks to some well-timed tackles in defence from Pippa and Maria they didn’t manage to score any goals leaving the half time score 6-0 to Moreton Hall.

After a congratulating talk from Mrs K and an energy snack kindly donated by Mrs Geach, we went back on for the second half.  We played better in this half, switching the ball round the back which allowed Tilly to score an enormous total of 4 goals.  This was shortly followed by Tashy scoring 2 goals and Zynia scoring 1.  Final score 12-0 to Moreton Hall.  Girl of the game goes to Pippa for amazing tackles in defence with a special mention to Tilly for scoring 5 goals.  Thank you Mrs K for coaching and The Leys for a delicious match tea.

Francesca, Captain of Hockey

U13B hockey v The Leys

We started off well, keeping possession easily. The opposition tried hard but after an early goal from Matilda, we continued to play really well and proved to be more skilful and stronger than the opposition. The final score was 16-1.  Girl of the game goes to Matilda for her excellent spacing out.

Goals scored: Hermanie 5, Katie 3, Matilda 4, Grace 4.

Katie (cpt)

U11 rugby v Old Buckenham Hall

We lost the toss and we kicked first.  With good tackling and rucking we scored two early tries, both from Archie, but they came back strongly scoring a try.  We carried on the macth with determination to win.  Ten minutes to half time Ban made a run for the try line and scored the final try of the first half.  In the second half OBH came back strong scorting 4 tries.  We then produced some great passing that enabled Edward to score two more tries and a final try was scored by Fraser amking it 6-5 to Moreton Hall.

Man of the match goes to Archie with special mention to Benjamin.

Harrison (cpt.)

U13 football v New Eccles Hall

We were looking forward to playing our first football match of the year – I lost the toss and they chose to kick off.

We got off to a great start with Ed scoring 3 goals in quick succession to put us in front.  A slight slip up in defence resulted in them scoring. Luis and Henry worked well together and Henry scored a really good goal. Once again our defence slipped and they managed to score another goal. Ed and I both scored before half-time and after some good saves from Jameson – the half-time score was 6-2 to Moreton Hall.

The second half started off well with me scoring one and Luis scoring two. With Eric now having a go in goal, Wilf, Harry, Harley and Tristan worked really hard in defence and were determined not to concede a goal. Henry and I both scored and we finished the match with Luis scoring his hat-trick.

The final score was 12-2 to Moreton Hall.  Looking forward to the season ahead.

Man of the match goes to the whole team for a great all round performance.

Thank you to Mr James for coaching and refereeing and to matron for match tea.

Tyler Weaver, Captain of Football

U8A football v Finborough School

When we got out there we thought of a possible win but also of a huge defeat once again by Finborough.  The opposition started and made a quick release from the reigns of a fairly good player.  He got the ball and went to dodge two of our defenders but luckily Ollie and George T. put a quick stop to that.  It went off and we had Josh throw in to Ollie who had a little run but was tackled by their defence.  Ash took it back and had a good run down the pitch, took a shot at goal but the goalkeeper saved it and booted the football down the pitch to Albie. The score at half time was 0-0.

We started the second half strong and feeling hopeful.  In defending mood, Finborough seemed a little stressed, and when they got pressured they passed back to their goal keeper which gave us the advantage of an indirect free kick.  Ashley took it, passed to Ollie who shot and with every single Finborough player in the goal, managed to nutmeg one of their players and put it in the goal.  Unfortunately, this was soon followed by an own goal resulting in the score being 1 all.

Thank you to Jorge and Sarah for match tea and to to Mitch and Harry for refereeing and coaching. Man of the match goes to Ollie for his immaculate goal off a free kick with Special mention to Albie for some great saves in goal.

George F. (cpt)